The marketing space has exploded in the last 10 years. Marketing used to be relegated to the areas of TV, radio, movies and print formats such as magazines, newspapers and billboards. Today, everywhere you look you are being influenced by marketing, even if you don’t know it.
The term “influencer” didn’t mean the same thing 10 years ago as it does today. The changes in traditional media, the rise of independent sources of content and social media platforms all have forced marketers to look at other sources to reach their customer base. This is how the “influencer”, as we know it today, was born.
As these companies strategically create partnerships with influencers, the influencers need to generate content that connects their followers and fans to these brands and products. This is where influencer marketing photography comes in.
Why Do Influencers Need Photographers?
Most influencers are not photographers. They amass their following through whatever niche they specialize in and from there, grow larger and larger audiences. It doesn’t matter if their niche is video games, food, pranks or anything else. According to Collette from Picture Perfect Photo “Influencer marketing photography gives them the chance to create take their social media content to the next level.”
If you are a social media influencer and are beginning that journey to build your personal brand, what could influencer marketing photography do for you?
- By using influencer marketing photography, you create a more professional and aesthetically pleasing look to your content, giving you a better chance of attracting high-profile brands and partnerships.
- Did you know that it is estimated that by 2023, brands will be spending over $4,600,000,000 on influencer marketing? That’s right. Over four and a half BILLION dollars on influencer marketing! That leaves a lot of room for influencers to get in on the action. High-quality marketing photography could be the difference-maker in your career as an influencer.
- There is an incredibly high ROI for businesses that invest in influencer marketing. According to Shopify, businesses and brands are making $5.20 for every $1 they spend on influencer marketing. That is a 5-fold return! As an influencer using professional marketing photography, you become more attractive to these businesses because they know you can represent their brand at a high level.
- By using influencer marketing photography, the influencers can focus on what they are best at, building a following. The process of setting up photoshoots, taking the shots and the editing and post-production process is time-consuming and energy-intensive. Every moment spent doing that is not spent on engaging with and building their following.
- Lastly, influencer marketing photographers can add an entirely new element of creativity to an influencer’s social media posts. Photographers have an eye for aesthetics in a shot and that can be used to increase the quality of the content as well as help grow the influencers following.
Influencer Marketing Photography
The potential of the influencer marketing photography sector is just now beginning to be understood. The reach of influencers is becoming an ever-increasing asset for companies, large and small. This means that influencer marketing photography will be more and more valuable as these sectors grow in demand worldwide.